Mount Vernon E2 insert help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jobofly

Feb 19, 2018
Johnson City NY
first off I want to say that I love this stove. It heats my entire house of 3200 square feet. I was wondering if anyone else has this unit and what have you found the optimum settings to be? Also my glass gets pretty dirty after a day of use. I don’t think that is normal. What would be causing that? I have attached a photo.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Mount Vernon E2 insert help
    23070AE8-D712-4C18-A35C-59B3F2D81401.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 80
Dirty exhaust path, dirty firepot holes, too much fuel. kap

Yes. Eventually over a few days of burning, you should get a buildup of ash on the window. The bottom has an air wash that keeps it clean for a while. That is why it starts at the top. kap

Thanks Kap. Would you have any recommendations on what heat output and flame height I should set this at? I use premium hardwood pellets and line in NY

Go by your manual. It tells you how to set your flame height. And heat output depends on how much heat you need, to satisfy the tstat. kap