Moun t vernon AE quadrafire igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mr. Fix It

Nov 11, 2018
Iowa
Purchased two new igniters . Both burned out and kick the fuse out aswell. Company sent two replacements. Installed the first one. Burned out after four startups. Second ignter did the same. Both blew the fuse. Is there a quality problem with some of the sellers. Voltage is good. Ohmic value is 37 ohms. Could someone recommend a company that sells a good igniter? I am hoping to reduce the 80 dollar charge from my local distributor to half if posdible.Thoughts?

There have been a lot of sights selling "so called" quad igniters. I seen a pic on amazon of two for 30.00. It was a pic of quad igniters, but when I researched the reviews, they were not, quad igniters. It seems to be buyer beware on the internet, when buying parts. Do your homework, and make sure they are OEM parts, and you can still save some coin. kap

There have been a lot of sights selling "so called" quad igniters. I seen a pic on amazon of two for 30.00. It was a pic of quad igniters, but when I researched the reviews, they were not, quad igniters. It seems to be buyer beware on the internet, when buying parts. Do your homework, and make sure they are OEM parts, and you can still save some coin. kap
Thank you