Most of you probably already know this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BeautifulBC

Dec 29, 2019
B.C.
My wood stove is in the basement, so besides what comes up the staircase, much of the heat remains in the basement, and gives me wonderfully warm floors. But when i want to move some of that heat upstairs quickly, I just flip a switch on the wall upstairs near the thermostat for my furnace, and it turns on the blower only. As the furnace has a three speed blower, I just set it on low, and the main furnace air intake is downstairs, so it just pushes the heat gently onto the main floor of my home.
Most of you probably knew this already, but thought I would mention it for a few who may not do it already, and would like to start.