Morso 3610 rear vented stove height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valley Boy_83

Jan 19, 2016
Canada
My current wood stove is going to be replaced with a larger one as it will be more suitable for my heating needs. The following is the problem that I'm faced with:
My venting system is a ridged stainless steel liner in a masonry chimney. The height of my thimble is 23 1/4" at centre. This fits my current stove perfectly. However, the stove I desperately want to install is a Morso 3610. The centre of the rear flue collar is 26" for the 3610.
I'm unable to raise the thimble height.
The question I'm posing is:
If I'm able to orient the flue pipe downward (which would be a short span) would that be alright? I understand that in a perfect world, it should be oriented upward but I have a very strong draft and the horizontal run extends only 18" max. Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The question I'm posing is:
If I'm able to orient the flue pipe downward (which would be a short span) would that be alright? I understand that in a perfect world, it should be oriented upward but I have a very strong draft and the horizontal run extends only 18" max. Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Nope you cant run it down it will not work well at all. Why cant you move the thimble up?

The pass through to the liner is solid masonry.
Yeah they usually are but we move a few a year. It can be done if that is what you really want

Alternatively, is there a short leg kit for the morso 3610?
I dont know you would have to ask your dealer. We don't see many morso's here as there are no dealers nearby so i dont know allot about them

I think they sell 150 mm (6") legs in the UK for Morso stoves. If this is the only option then maybe start checking with UK and Scottish stove dealers? Many Morso stoves like the 2110 come with shorter legs in the UK. 250mm legs are an option.

These look like these may work:
http://www.morsoe.com/uk/accessories/leg-sets/150-mm-cast-iron-legs-1
Click on the Find a Dealer to get a long list of possibles.

Here's a set for the Squirrel:
http://www.bowlandstoves.co.uk/acat...0-and-1440-Leg-Set-44202121.html#.Vp62V1MrL_Q

Last edited:
The latest:

I was able to raise the liner to make it match the rear vent flue collar. The whole process was fairly simple, it just meant a little masonry work but I'm very happy with the outcome. I installed the Morso 3610 and had a medium sized break in fire tonight. Two more break-in fires then I'm looking forward to continual operation. Very happy with the look and heat, gorgeous stove! I'll post a picture shortly...

Reactions: bholler
Pics please, we like fire. keep us posted on the 3610 too. We don't hear enough about this nice stove's operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.