More Enviro Milan Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Danman1116

Dec 24, 2023
Massachusetts
After combing through the posts I couldn't find anything that would help resolve my issue.

So you all were a great help in helping me diagnose some issues I was having with my Enviro Milan last year and hoping you can help again.

I have an Enviro Milan insert and everything at the moment is all original parts except the exhaust blower. My issue at the moment is that when I turn on my stove there is just a dull hum with no other noises and nothing being fed. I've tried completely emptying the hopper and getting rid of any dust and debris inside it. Some things that I've been reading is that it could be a vacuum issue (I've cleaned the one hose that I could find), an auger motor issue or even a combustion issue. Some have said to maybe bench test both of these parts but this is something I've never done before. Any help would be appreciated!

Add a couple of male spades on to a old lamp cord. Unplug stove, pull it out, remove two leads from auger motor, attach your lamp cord, plug it into wall socket, auger should run at full speed, no need to take auger off of stove to test it You can do the same thing to the blower motors. My lamp cord happens to have a on off clicker it is convenient but not needed. I have had the same cord for over 30 years, if you do not have a old cord laying around they are cheap enough to by one.

[Hearth.com] More Enviro Milan Issues

Start with the combustion blower if it is not working the auger motor will
not work. No vacuum and no auger to get a vacuum you need the combustion fan working
It may only need cleaning

Reactions: Danman1116 and ARC
Just an update, took off the convection blower and it was absolutely stuff with pellets old and new as well as some unknown objects which seems to be ceramic? Have a funny feeling the blower got burned out. Gonna try testing them tomorrow. Will update

Reactions: ARC