More Coming In

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Mother Nature finally gave us a break from the ice and gave us some snow overnight, looks like we have another system (Sav sent) coming starting Friday morning. We have a Winter Storm Watch for our area for another 4 - 8 inches of the wet heavy snow.

Zap

Attachments

• More Coming In
    100_4707.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 497
  • More Coming In
    100_4708.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 475
Saw the weather map this a.m. and seen where you northern folk are gonna get some more white stuff. Once again we lucked out! Currently in mid 40's with sunshine :)
I keep wanting to put some stone down on our dirt lane but I know as soon as I do we'll get enough snow to plow and there goes most of the new stone.
Pretty pics though, love the pine trees after a new snowfall.

Yo Zap...how about a sunny and breezy 62 today? Nice pics. What ya burnin during the snowfall?

Last night we had some red maple with cherry going, nothing at the moment. Still loaded with good hardwood but the weather pattern looks like it will stick around so we will continue to burn cherry.

Stax; are you telling me your at 62 today?

Zap

Rain here today . . . but supposedly northern Maine is getting snow. More snow tomorrow though for most everyone . . . but it's a case of too little, too late for most of us who like the snow.

FFJ, this is what they say we might get.

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.

* LOCATIONS... FOR THE ENTIRE NORTH COUNTRY.

* HAZARD TYPES... MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 4 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING... BEGINNING EARLY FRIDAY MORNING FROM THE SOUTH... WITH SNOW HEAVIEST DURING THE MID-MORNING THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS. UPSLOPE SNOW INTO THE ADIRONDACKS AND GREEN MOUNTAINS WILL CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS... FOR THE MORNING HOURS ON INTO EARLY AFTERNOON FRIDAY... AREA ROADWAYS WILL BE HAZARDOUS DUE TO SLICK CONDITIONS.

* WINDS... NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES... LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. HIGHS AROUND 30.

* VISIBILITIES... 1 MILE OR LESS AT TIMES IN MODERATE TO BRIEFLY HEAVY SNOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

Pretty pics zap....
It is like spring here today, the stove is cold. :shut:
I would love to get at least one significant snowfall this winter. Mr Gamma only had the plow on the truck once the whole season.
Stay safe in the storm zap. :)

70 and breezy here today. Under a fire watch alert. Same tomorrow then the 50 an 60 mile an hour wind gusts arrive.

Looked like that (snow wise anyway) here this morning. Gone now...but we have an advisory here for tomorrow again.

4-5 inches of heavy, wet snow . . . debating whether I need to plow the driveway or if warmer temps may come along and do the job for me.

FFJ, I'm glad I plowed the driveway on Friday or it really would have been a pain in the Gamma ;-) , we received another two inches of snow after I plowed so I'll clean that up on Sunday then wait to see if we get hit with another system (6 inches of snow) on Wednesday.

zap

zap we got around 2 inches overnight and this evening we got around another inch or so. I wish we would get some real snow, I would love to get some more trees off the farm before I put the snowmobile away for the summer.....send some down this way!

we ended up with 5 inches as well here...

they were calling for 1-3 but i guess all the stars lined up right.

then....the wind came !!...gusts to 55-60 all day saturday, seems to have
calmed down today

calling for a "wintry mix" wednesday into thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.