Moisture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for the advice just found out the deer camp has about a cord of last years ash left and since it's a open fireplace im going to swamp some out and i have been collecting scraps of building sites were my stepdad builds houses..and how would old oak hardwood floors burn in a non cat i just tore out alot of floors
Your pretty safe with lathe boards, wall studs and floor joists from demolition jobs. Anything that was exposed flooring most likely has some kind of varnish on it.

Finally burning since the sweeping

Attachments

• 20191025_181302.jpg
    20191025_181302.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 137
From what I'm reading about the solar kiln deal and since you're in the south with warmer winter Temps, why not wrap half your wood now in clear plastic and vent it, by January it should be significantly better than what you got now

Its ceramic tile
That new wood look ceramic is hard to detect. I installed some in one of our bathrooms a few yrs ago and it holds up great and looks fantastic. About to put some under my wood stove as well.

From what I'm reading about the solar kiln deal and since you're in the south with warmer winter Temps, why not wrap half your wood now in clear plastic and vent it, by January it should be significantly better than what you got now
Do you wrap it tight

nice floor...would have never guessed it wasnt wood!

interesting idea on the solar kiln. google search turned up some nice looking ideas but more cost then id want. wondering if it would make more sense to use clear sheet plastic instead of throwing a tarp over my wood. anyone have pictures of what they have done? have some very green wood i split this fall that id love to jump start the drying process on

nice floor...would have never guessed it wasnt wood!

interesting idea on the solar kiln. google search turned up some nice looking ideas but more cost then id want. wondering if it would make more sense to use clear sheet plastic instead of throwing a tarp over my wood. anyone have pictures of what they have done? have some very green wood i split this fall that id love to jump start the drying process on
Search for solar kiln in the search field on this page. Or look at the link in the signature of @Woodsplitter67

Reactions: K-Mac
thanks for the info. have brought up his pages and looking over the threads.