model 55-shp 10L pellet stove need ifo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrowdog

Jan 12, 2015
ohio
Tag says 07/12 when built .Reading on here Ive found many settings for the three settings on bottom of panel .Stove was bought without anypaperwork so my question is what numbers do I set these at??I live in se Ohio as of now stove seems to be burning pellets very fast bag won't come close to 24 hour with my settings at 3 heat range and 9 blower .Any advice would be great due to the fact I have no idea ....
Thanks in advance

Others will reply I am sure.
I think your lower settings should be 6-4-1.
My experience is you will not get 24 hours per bag unless your
Heat setting is 1.
My lower numbers are 3-6-1.
I can get 24 with heat on 1, as long as the pellets are not super short.
Even with those settings, short pellets will give me only about 20-21 hours.
Oh.. My hopper plate is wide open. I just keep it there out of laziness...
I know it may give longer times, if I close it a bit, I just want the heat to be there when
I want it..

What exactly is the 6-4-1 mean when broke down? meaning what does each # stand for ??And why is yours 3-6-1why the big difference??

OK. Real simply.
The first number is the low fuel feed rate.
That controls how much fuel is pushed into the burn pot.
Second one is the combustion air rate.
That controls how much air is pumped into (under) your fire..
The third is always #1. Don't mess with that one.

The 6-4-1 is the factory setting and probably is the best all around average setting
for the Average install. Probly will never go wrong with it.
Mine are different because I tinkered with the stove.. And those settings seem to
work well.... For me. Plus it is in some people's DNA to just mess with stuff..

The nice thing about our stoves is the ability to tune the feed and air rates. It's very helpful during the spring and fall to be able to tune the stoves down for warmer weather burning. Also helpful if you have a small or very well insulated house. Mine is very well insulated so I can trim my stove down to 1-4-1 and still never go above heat range 5. It sips pellets.

Reactions: funflyer
Status
Not open for further replies.