Mode settings on englander 25 epi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Splmark

Jan 22, 2017
I picked up a used englander 25 epi stove insert. Have a 4" ss liner running up my chimney and the two inch outside air kit going out the back of my fireplace. It's not putting out as much heat as I thought it would. After doing some research online I saw people saying to to try it in mode c. I tried many times but I cant get anything to display besides numbers 1-8. Did they change the modes or did I get into something else?

Thanks,
Mark

Try this:

on a cold stove, unplug
plug in and within 2 seconds, press both blower speed arrows
hold for 2 seconds, release
read letter in heat window
if D, press down arrow to change to C
hit on button, wait till windows clear
done

Works on the 2 auger stoves. Not 100% sure on yours. Someone may wish to correct.

I have this same stove .Bought it in 2008 it has served me well .The one thing I can say is this doesn't use mode a-b-c-or d . Call the tech line and they can square away . I do not right giving this type of information on this site .There are many smart people on this site .But there are also many new stove owners who come here with problems and ask for help .And there is plenty of great information shared .At times I've seen some stuff put out ,that could cause these newcomers problems . Call the company help people and save yourself more problems .

This stove is supposed to be in mode 2. I believe off the top of my head the proper instructions to find out which mode has been given. I don't know if mode 1 or 3 would up the btu's any, or which way to move it if any. This stove is rated for the output of up to app 25K btu's. The 2000 sq' heating capacity might be true for a new highly insulated and tight structure. It is best to go by the btu rating instead. Not sure of the expectations of the unit. In general I find it does a better job of maintaining the temperature.

Last edited: