Mobile Home Wood Burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LTxDANE

Jan 31, 2019
Fenton
Hello all,

I have a LG36-3MBE wood burning fire place. It has a blower on it but it isn't working well and the manual refers to it as a Temco. Me and my wife are looking to replace, upgrade, just get some info on what to put in. We love the fireplace and it helps here in Mo when it's been-20 windchill yesterday. Any help would be appreciated. Also found out this model parts are discontinued if anything were needed to be fixed.

Reactions: Dix
Temco is the company that made your fireplace.

As far as what to put in it's place, it's hard to go wrong with asking your wife what she wants and doing that.

Your options should be fairly wide open, as long as it's mobile home approved.

Reactions: Dix
Temco is the company that made your fireplace.

As far as what to put in it's place, it's hard to go wrong with asking your wife what she wants and doing that.

Your options should be fairly wide open, as long as it's mobile home approved.

:p:p:cool:

What he said *LMAO, here*

Hello all,

I have a LG36-3MBE wood burning fire place. It has a blower on it but it isn't working well and the manual refers to it as a Temco. Me and my wife are looking to replace, upgrade, just get some info on what to put in. We love the fireplace and it helps here in Mo when it's been-20 windchill yesterday. Any help would be appreciated. Also found out this model parts are discontinued if anything were needed to be fixed.

Welcome to the forums !

House layout? Do you want a free stander? Floor plan?

Lots of questions here :)

It's in the corner of the living room. Excuse the mess. It has a blower but it doesnt really work. Turns on but doesnt actually pump any air. I would like one with a blower since I know multiple people with those in mobile homes and they say that the gas bill is almost non existant. So that's as far as I have gotten with what we want

Attachments

• Mobile Home Wood Burner
    15489897209729022045056212083741.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 110
What is your preference for replacement, an efficient EPA fireplace or a freestanding stove? Most likely this will require a complete tearout. What is the budget?

Would like to keep the look and possibly get a better blower. Budget depends on pricing for what we are looking for I'd say 2500 to 3k

There isn't a lot that can be done to improve this unit. Does it have the glass doors?

The blower should be pulled for servicing. With dogs it's possible that the blower is full of hair. If so that will slow it down and reduce output. The cheapest thing to do is to pull the blower and clean it and the blower cavity thoroughly. Oil the motor if possible. That might be all it takes. If the blower is shot and bearing starting to seize up, then a replacement blowers is available for under $100.

The alternative for better heat would be to tear out the fireplace, replace the chimney, put in a new hearth and a modern stove that is mobile home certified. This might be hard to do for under $3K unless this is a DIY project.

Last edited:
Yes it does have the glass doors. And we didnt know it had a blower till about 2 days ago lol been here 2 years and never knew. I'm gonna pull the blower tomorrow and clean it. What kind of oil should I use to lubricate.

Lightweight motor oil like 3n1.