Maybe and odd question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Jeff in Maine

Feeling the Heat
Oct 5, 2015
Hartland, ME United States
Does anyone here belong to Arboristsite? the Chainsaw forum? I do but I cannot log in because they want me to change my password to something more secure and I will. However, when they tried to send me the link to do this, they don't have my email right it is spelled incorrectly. I just want to contact them but there seems no way to do this from their site. The message I get is,.." a request to change your email has been sent" (but it's been sent to the wrong email address) so without changing my password I cannot get in to tell them the issue and the link I need to change the password was sent to this wrong address. I know it's a long shot but thought I would ask as chainsaws and wood stoves go nicely together. Please forgive this off-topic question but reaching for ideas, I guess. Thanks Jeff

Does anyone here belong to Arboristsite? the Chainsaw forum? I do but I cannot log in because they want me to change my password to something more secure and I will. However, when they tried to send me the link to do this, they don't have my email right it is spelled incorrectly. I just want to contact them but there seems no way to do this from their site. The message I get is,.." a request to change your email has been sent" (but it's been sent to the wrong email address) so without changing my password I cannot get in to tell them the issue and the link I need to change the password was sent to this wrong address. I know it's a long shot but thought I would ask as chainsaws and wood stoves go nicely together. Please forgive this off-topic question but reaching for ideas, I guess. Thanks Jeff
Mods you can remove this post if you wish, I can keep trying in some other way to reach the forum in question, Jeff

I just tried to change password but i never got the link even though they have the correct email.

Update- i did get the link and successfully updated password.

Not sure what you should do?

Last edited:
There is a contact.us link at the bottom, that gives a pop up saying among other things this:

If you cannot get into your account because your email has changed, for security reasons we will not change your email. You can use the Lost Password form here but if you cannot get your password, your account is lost.

So I think you're out of luck and need to make.a new account with your correct email address.

I bet your right they just misspelled my email is what happened ,..some how, ? Its strange let's say I was on the site and asked a question. When someone like you responds that alert used>>> to go to my email. I cannot say it would lately because i have not used my account much in the last 6months. My last use was a string of PMs between me and--- Pioneerguy (Jerry)

If you still have old email notifications maybe the contact us link can help because maybe you can provide screenshots proving you are the user you say you are.

Sounds like you were spoofed or scammed. If you didn't have access to this forum you should not have been able to post your question on this forum. Many times on various sites I get the locked out or change your password screen, but all I do is close the browser and retype and I don't get that screen warning anymore and I log in. Did you give them any additional information? You may want to change all your passwords.