Martin wood fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Larry 1

Nov 17, 2019
candycorn911
Hello
My name is Larry and I'm new to this forum.
Not sure quite yet as to navigate around your site. so please if I'm in the wrong section please forgive me.
I have a Martin Industries wood burning fireplace model sc36m.
Just trying to find someone to help us locate replacement parts.
Mainly a glass door. Fireplace is also missing the upper and lower vents? Hope that is the proper description

Are there blank panels where the top and bottom vents would be? if so, this may be an SA36 instead. Not sure if the grilles can be retrofitted or if they are still available. The SC36 upper grille is 032076, lower grille is 020362. The glass doors are part WB36.

Are there blank panels where the top and bottom vents would be? if so, this may be an SA36 instead. Not sure if the grilles can be retrofitted or if they are still available. The SC36 upper grille is 032076, lower grille is 020362. The glass doors are part WB36.

Attachments

• 20191117_192654.jpg
    20191117_192654.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 213
Odd, the manual shows the SA36 with blank panels and the SC36 with grilles.

We bought the house and those upper and lower panels were missing along with the glass doors. We are seeking any help to help us locate the missing pieces. We considered another complete insert but the finances just aren't there at this time. Then I was directed to get into contact with people on this site as I was told you all are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Attachments

• 20191117_192713.jpg
    20191117_192713.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 240
Parts may be hard to find. Try eBay and Google with the part numbers supplied. If none show up, it would be easy to have the grilles made up of perforated or expanded metal that was cut to fit. They could be painted black to blend in. Here are some glass doors. Email them with your model for a proper fit.

Wish I would have seen this about a year ago...did a total replacement of a martin...look familiar?

Attachments

• E1C07E73-1445-46B8-889D-60A6A9F3477B.jpeg
    E1C07E73-1445-46B8-889D-60A6A9F3477B.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 282
That is chimney pipe. It needs to match existing per fireplace spec, if still available. Verify that the chimney pipe in the chase is still in good shape too.

That is chimney pipe. It needs to match existing per fireplace spec, if still available. Verify that the chimney pipe in the chase is still in good shape too.
Yessir i need the chimney pipe roof insert with the flashing and storm collar. Everything else is in good shape. I have the same chimney cap for it. The pipe part and flashing part was thrown in to dumpster by mistake by the roofers and was crushed by old shingle thrown in. Is there any way to just get the 36in pipe and flashing boot and storm collar?

Is this for a Martin fireplace? What is the brand of the chimney on the fireplace? See if there still is a label on the chimney pipe in the chase.