Mama Bear Utah NICE !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jceviche

Jan 18, 2017
San Diego
Hi All Fisher Family, I'm a new fisher stove owner just picked up my Mama Bear last Thursday and trying to find out more about it. Mine stove was built in Utah as per ID tag. I attached a photo of the bottom of the stove I just want to understand what those weld marks mean if any. Thanks John
IMG_5926.jpg

Reactions: Todd67
Initials of stove builder normally towards the rear and when sold the initials of who hung the door, and vented it were added. The second possibly made and attached the ash fender as well. (some fabricators put the finisher initials under the ash fender) Initials were for warranty purposes.
You have the Fireplace Leg option, very nice stove !
Did you get the chrome ball feet with it? And welcome to the forum !

Looking forward to pics on her feet. ;)

I don't think you are allowed to install that stove in California are you?

Not until the next executive order is signed ;).

IMG_5976.JPG IMG_5934.JPG Coaly thanks for the feedback. Bit by bit I'm learning more about my fisher stove. My obsession with Fisher stove started about a month ago while looking for a cook top stove/heater. I stumbled upon this forum and have spent many days reading the threads. The more I read the more obsessed I get. The chrome ball feet did not come with it but for sure I'll be looking to get them. I installed the baffle modifications similar to your installations. I'm using the stove as an outdoor cook top/fire place. After TLC all original paint no rust.

Last edited:
19620930_1381472071906672_4834981590124015136_o.jpg
46794324_1926663144054226_4374040409878298624_o.jpg
Mama Bear Fisher Stove before and after photo. (top photo) before modification, single cook top and bottom photo after relocation of exhaust vent to the back , now have double cook top.

Last edited:
Nice job!
If you're still looking for ball feet I think Camfan here had some. If not there was a set of 4 on eBay for $65.

The adjustable ball feet from CamFan are new old stock for Series I and II which use angle iron for legs.
This stove is a VI with Furniture Style legs which use a much larger ball.

Great looking stove!

_DSC6512.jpg
DSC_4790.jpg
_DSC0435.jpg
Top photo of modified Fisher Stove from a single to double cooking top,
Middle photo preparing to cook vegetable egg omelette.
Bottom photo Fisher stove with stainless steel chimney.

Last edited: