Majestic Warm Majic 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Apr 22, 2021
Michigan
I’m building a new house in the spring in s/e Michigan. I’m looking at the majestic warm majic 2 fireplace in a 1800 sq ft ranch. I have wood on the property and propane, so I’m wanting to use wood to off set propane. Anyone have any reviews or suggestions with this unit?

The Warm Majic II is an HHT product and I believe the same internally as the Heat&Glo Northstar, Heatilator Constitution, and Quadrafire Pioneer II fireplaces but with different front trim. I think you will find more reviews for those models.

Reactions: Hunting Addict
Per their website: “HHV efficiency over 75% qualifies for the 2021-2023 Federal Tax Credit.”

I’m also looking at ZC fireplaces and this is one of the few that is eligible for the 26% tax credit. I was only aware of the expensive Montecito Estate.

Has anyone figured out if this qualifies for the tax credit. The manufacturers website sure makes it look like it does but the EPA lists it at 70% efficient which means it does not qualify.

Pretty bad false advertising then. Their website states 76% efficiency with a note that states anything over 75% qualifies for the tax credit.
Majestic Warm Majic 2

I agree. It is a bit confusing, and somewhat deceptive marketing. 76% is not the combined average efficiency and it's different from the 75% HHV tested efficiency needed to qualify for the tax credit. Looking at the actual tests the LLV of 76% was arrived at in only one run. Marketing cherry-picked the best LLV run. It is listed as 70% efficient in the EPA database.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 11.06.31 AM.png

Quadrafire marketing for the same product is less ambiguous and a bit more understated.

Majestic Warm Majic 2

Last edited: