made a little progress on floore and heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Got my pex run and cement poured for my shop. Now back to work for a while. Hopefully have built and on to boiler shed soon.

Attachments

• made a little progress on floore and heat
    s floor 1 (2).jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 398
Didn't want to re-size again so heres another picture.

Attachments

• made a little progress on floore and heat
    shop floore 1 (2).jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 403
Nicely laid out work. Must have taken you some time to get that pex arranged and down.

Mike

I found some free trial software that planed it out and I Improvised on a few details. Thanks for the nice comment. It did take a while to do. I did all the foam, mesh and tubing by myself to save on labor and had friends help pour the floor.

I especially like the bolsters (chairs) under the wire to hold it up off the foam. Much better than relying on someone to drag the mesh up into the mud during the pour. Makes sure the wire and tubing are where they belong.

Very nice... looking forward to seeing some near boiler pics when it's all done.

cheers.

DaveBP said:
I especially like the bolsters (chairs) under the wire to hold it up off the foam. Much better than relying on someone to drag the mesh up into the mud during the pour. Makes sure the wire and tubing are where they belong.

The bolsters made the pour easyier and didn't have to wory about pulling the mesh to high and cutting into the pex when cutting the floore. I've poured floores without them before and wonder how much mesh actually got pulled up.

One can buy little plastic rebair "chairs" as well. The rebar snaps into these chairs...they are quite inexpensive...and holsd the rebar up nicely. I put one about every 6-8' or so when I poured my floors. Indeed, with everyone walking on the mesh during the pour, I think the probablity of it ending up inside the slab by the end of the pour is nil. Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.