Lube pellet feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tiggar61

Nov 17, 2012
Central MA
Does anyone add a little dry graphite to the hopper once in a while, To quite augur down i just did and it seems to have made a difference.

Do u just sprinkle in on the pellets? I used the spray type on my hopper walls to help the pellets slide better.

Speaking of efforts to quiet down the various mowing parts of a pellet stove, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a simple lubricant to use on my Harman P61A combustion motor.

I bought it brand new in 2013 and given its age and the fact that I burn between 4. 5 - 5 ton per year with it, I'm beginning to notice that the motor and possibly the chain and gear that operate the auger seem to be getting louder.

Short of replacing the motor (which I may do this coming spring anyway) is there a lubricant I could try and use on the motor that others use on occasion? Any opinions, thoughts, suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Speaking of efforts to quiet down the various mowing parts of a pellet stove, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a simple lubricant to use on my Harman P61A combustion motor.

I bought it brand new in 2013 and given its age and the fact that I burn between 4. 5 - 5 ton per year with it, I'm beginning to notice that the motor and possibly the chain and gear that operate the auger seem to be getting louder.

Short of replacing the motor (which I may do this coming spring anyway) is there a lubricant I could try and use on the motor that others use on occasion? Any opinions, thoughts, suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Spray graphite in a can, also some bearings can be lubed with a needle and grease..usually when they get noisy it’s borrowed time before they get worse