Lowest setting on my MT. Vernon (non AE)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AHeyVernon

Feb 1, 2014
Montana
What would cause my stove to not continuously blow out hot air on the lowest setting? It used to before, but I'm not sure what has changed or failed and am not sure where to look. The stove likes to cycle pellets into the burn pot for about 2 and a half minutes, then kick on for about 6 minutes (meaning outputting hot air into the room) then stop again in this pattern. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can be altered or something worn out? Any help is greatly appreciated!

It could be the fuel. It could be the fuel adjusting rod needs to be adjusted if a different fuel.(not producing enough heat) On low, they run pretty low, so sometimes only the green light is on in box(between 200 and 600 degrees). The snap disc may be popping on and off. Or the disc could be getting bad. When was the last time you cleaned the stove? kap

It could be the fuel. It could be the fuel adjusting rod needs to be adjusted if a different fuel.(not producing enough heat) On low, they run pretty low, so sometimes only the green light is on in box(between 200 and 600 degrees). The snap disc may be popping on and off. Or the disc could be getting bad. When was the last time you cleaned the stove? kap

Hmmm...come to think of it, I did have the fuel adjusted pretty low so maybe that's the cause of this annoyance! The stove is nice and clean as of last week, so no worries there. I'll try the simple stuff first and go from there. Thank you for the reply!

I would only adjust a 1/4" at a time, and remember it will take about 15 minutes to work up the auger tube. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.