Low burn air help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. David M

Jan 27, 2014
Missouri
Model 25-PDV Manufacture date 05/04. Unsure what the setting should be. When we are on 2 it is not warm enough and the pellets last for 24 hours. When we put it on 3 seems to get very very warm and burns a bag in 12 hours or less. Please let me know what you think or tell me what I need to adjust on the stove. Thank you very much for your help!

Welcome to the forum:)
Used pellet stove or came with the house? Do you have a manual? http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/25-PDVEand25-PDV.pdf

May require a thorough cleaning of internal exhaust pathways to run efficiently...

Since it is your first post, do you have a surge protector on the stove and a CO detector in the house?

Higher settings will burn more pellets to produce more heat. How warm is the house at heat setting 3? While on heat setting 3, have you tried increasing the blower speed higher than 3? That will put more heat into the room and keep the stove body cooler. When you make changes allow time for the change to have effect. What is the flame quality like on heat setting 3?

Three lower buttons are factory preset at 4-6-1. Here's an old post that explains them: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/england-pellet-stoves-mysterious-3-buttons.40130/#post-507544 Post from stoveguy2esw (#10) is from Englander tech. So these lower buttons effect the heat setting 2 burn you noted above. Note the never change the last setting - the 1.

Let us know how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.