lopi yankee problem after long burn period

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xrjoe

Jan 13, 2016
oak hills ca.
travis ind. stove, in most cases, will burn will till it cycles to cool down, outside ambient of 40* upon thermostat restart, pellet auger cycles till burn tray overfills, without initiating flame, sometimes I can unplug and restart, with another successful burn cycle. ive taken exhaust apart and cleaned soot with compressed air, all burner ports the same, smaller tubes with pipe cleaners, possible door glass leak resealed, dissected troubleshooting link from operation symptoms, and not positive control board might be cause, I just thought posting here might have someone with similar experience, maybe offering some advise, of anything I might be overlooking.

I have replaced the igniter, 3 years ago with no use, stove purchased in 2003, it has a fault light, but I don't see information about code retrieval, to my knowledge, snap disc/thermal sensor is original, I have the travis manual, and performed relative aforementioned service, you have me thinking the snap disc is remaining open preventing burner operation, is there a temperature test I can do out of the stove, to check open and close temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.