Lopi Revere insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basalt

Jan 24, 2016
Basalt, C)
This is a great site and I used the advice to on here to purchase a blazeking ashford 30 for my basement. I live smack dab in the middle of Colorado in a 2 story house with basement. I have the Ashford 30 in my basement and it heats the basement no problem. Upstairs I have a very old wood burning insert. This thing is a monster and is quite inefficient. Someone is selling a Lopi Revert insert near my house. The price is 1500$ and I know these retail for around 3000$. The serial number on the Lopi Revere is 1104-63164. Apparently is was rarely used and is in good condition. I called my local Lopi dealer and he could not tell when the stove was made just that it was an early serial number from the modern Revere. I would like to replace my old stove with this thing and add a blower. The old stove was monstrous and there will be plenty of room for install.

Good deal? Is the stove worth this much? Should I just get a new one?

Thanks,

That seems a bit high unless it really is in like new condition. In that size range there are several affordable inserts made by Englander, Drolet, Century, Pacific Energy, and there is the Lopi 1750. Current price of the Revere is less relevant if they only paid say $1700 in 1999. Would they settle for $1200?

Aslo, is the old beast connected to a liner and if so, what size? The Revere should be connected to a full, insulated 6" liner.

I agree with begreen that is to high unless it was never used. For me $1000 would be tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.