Lopi Republic 1750 Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

clutch25

Hearth Supporter
Feb 3, 2009
ND
Well, after getting the stove back in April (used) and several different orders for chimney parts, the stove is finally in.

The cathedral ceiling wasn't exactly the design I thought it was. There is a 6-12 pitch on the outside and a 4-12 on the inside. So, I ordered a attic insulation guard for the chimney to go along with the 11" ceiling support box.

I centerlined the chimney in a way that we could "upgrade" the stove in the future to the larger Liberty in the future if we wanted. Due to this fact, the chimney was too close to the ceiling joist to use the Simpson insulation guard, even if it wasn't that close to the joist, I wouldn't have felt comfortable using it due to the depth of the insulation.

It was a LONG crawl in the attic to get were I had to be for the install. Dragging a pile of 2x6's to kneel on, a backpack full of tools and chimney parts.

I had to go to the right side of the PVC pipe in the picture...

Box install and a fabricated insulation guard...

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Lopi Republic 1750 Install
    8-15-11 129 (Large) (Medium).webp
    94.9 KB · Views: 290
    8-15-11 128 (Large) (Medium).webp
    76.1 KB · Views: 280
    8-29-11 215 (Medium).webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 292
    8-29-11 264 (Medium).webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 292
    8-29-11 266 (Medium).webp
    81.7 KB · Views: 317
    8-29-11 267 (Medium).webp
    92.4 KB · Views: 317
    8-29-11 292 (Medium).webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 304
With pictures it's hard to tell, but that stove looks VERY close to the wall in the bottom pic.

I've been pleased with my lopi 1750. It pumps out good heat without consuming alot of wood and has a nice appearance. It's a solid economy line stove. I'd say it's fully capable of heating a 1200 square foot stove by itself. At 2000 square feet, it'd be a big stretch to heat the house. At my size (2200+ square feet + crappy layout for heat distribution) - well, it's adequate to cut the oil bills alot but it's more of a zone heater.

Ya, looking at the last picture it does. That is the shadow of the chimney you are seeing, the side wall on the left is actually barely in the picture, you can see it in the top left corner.

All the measurements used in the install of the stove are what the Liberty would need. Double, triple checked every weekend for the last month.

Gotcha. How do you like the stove so far?

From just a couple of "little" break in fires, the thing really puts out the heat!

Reburn is super cool!

Attachments

8-29-11 294 (Medium).webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 266
    8-29-11 283 (Medium).webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 271
Great shots of the fire! The 1750 is basically an Endeavor sans the bypass damper, and with approved double wall, the stove can be just 4.25" from a combustible surface. Our Endeavor ended up about 1" over the 4.25" requirement. The wall behind the stove is cool to the touch. The only part of the wall that gets hot is behind the double wall, and it's over the minimum 6" by an inch and a half or two. The rear heat shields on the Endeavor do a tremendous job. Of course you lose that radiant heat, so there's a flip side to that coin.

Thanks! So far, I've been pretty impressed on how long it would burn and throw heat from a couple of scrap lumber pieces and some pine slab wood drops. Hope it does that well this winter.

My 1750 loves pine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.