Lopi republic 1250 chimney and draft ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesusislord

Hearth Supporter
Dec 26, 2010
Lafayette, LA
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and to the wood stove world and have a couple ?'s. First I'm installing this stove in a mobile home (which according to HUD is actually a manufactured home, but same rules apply I guess). The books says I need a minimum system length of 15 ft for proper draft. Is this from end of chimney to end of outside air inlet? The book doesn't define this well, but has a diagram showing measurement from top of hearth pad to end of chimney, but I'm thinking to myself "what do the legs of the stove have to do with airflow?" Also, I have 6.5 ft of metalbestos ss chimney, but it is not on my list of "approved" chimneys. My question is, is it compatible with the metalbestos ssII? I read somewhere that the pipe itself tested good for 2100 and was approved for HT standards IF it is used with locking rings at the joints. If not what would be a good choice for a cost effective chimney system out of the following list:

ameritec dcc connector & hs chimney
duravent dvl connector & duratec or duraplus chimney
gsw super chimney 21
i.c.c. excel hp connector & 103-ht chimney
metalfab dw connector & tg chimney
oliver macleod provent pv conector & 3103 chimney
security dp connector & asht or s2100 chimney
selkirk metalbestos ds connector & ssII chimney

Sorry for the long post. I'd appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks.

-Phil

Welcome to the forum, I am not very familiar with that particular stove but, at least can get the ball rolling for ya.

The minnimum measurement is usually from the top of the stove to the cap. That is a straight up, no bends, inside the envelope number. If you have any extra bends, or if the chimney runs outside the heated envelope, then you may need it even taller to operate properly. The flue is the engine in your stove, you need to make sure you AT LEAST meet the minnimum requirements. I see in the book where the dimensions are from the hearthpad up. I always consider the measurements from the top of the stove, because yes like you say what do the feet have to do with it.

Since you are in a manufactured home I am assumng you have an Outside air kit as required as well as the reduced clearance stove pipe?

Anyway, I think you would be ok with the metalbestos brand but, there are others here, that will be much more able to answer that.

I don't know if my rambling helped, if not I am sorry but welcome to the forum and stay tuned for input from other Lopi owners.

Burn safe,

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.