Lopi Large Flush NexGen Wood Insert/Cleaning Chimney Liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ElkTrout

Mar 3, 2024
Ohio City, CO
I just had a Lopi Large Flush NexGen Wood Insert installed and am trying to familiarize myself with the stove. I've read the manual completely and looked at YouTube and can't figure out what parts need to be removed in order to access the chimney flue in order to clean the chimney liner. I'm a complete newbie and not overly handy, but need to figure out how to clean the chimney liner. Anyone own this stove? Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. Doug Dillingham Ohio City, Colorado

There are good pros on here that can give you the specific answer. I just looked at the manual and you’re right , I didn’t see any sweeping directions either. In general with insert, there are baffles near the top of the inside of the firebox that will be removed for access to the liner. Then it can be swept out.