Lopi large flush insert burner tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ac800

Mar 27, 2019
Connecticut
Last year the screw that holds the clip to hold in the burner tube snapped off flush on the inside of the stove. Under warranty the dealer just stuffed self tappers in each side "wedging" the tube in place. After 1 month of continuous burning the "fix" failed. What is the correct way to fox this besides drilling out the screw. Everytime I load the stove for the night and a piece of wood hits it and I have a 500 degree tube that falls out that I need to grab and put back in. The stove is 3 years old.

Last year the screw that holds the clip to hold in the burner tube snapped off flush on the inside of the stove. Under warranty the dealer just stuffed self tappers in each side "wedging" the tube in place. After 1 month of continuous burning the "fix" failed. What is the correct way to fox this besides drilling out the screw. Everytime I load the stove for the night and a piece of wood hits it and I have a 500 degree tube that falls out that I need to grab and put back in. The stove is 3 years old.
I'm not familiar with this specific issue, but generally the solution to a broken screw is to drill out the broken screw and probably retap the hole. Certainly a tough task for the tight space inside a stove. I've recently bought a set of reverse drill bits, apparently they help a lot.

I'd persist with the manufacturer and dealer to try to get them to do it if it's still under warranty. That's an expensive stove and they should be held to it. If they don't do what's right, I'd post their info and details of what is going on with your situation here and any other appropriate sites, and forward links to your posts to whoever you are dealing with at the manufacturer and their general email. That said, I understand the difficulty of getting many dealers to do what's right, particularly for a tough job.

Drilling out the old bolt and tapping it isn’ta big deal. They did a crap fix, now you’ve got extra holes in the manifold.

That fix is baloney! I'd be tempted to bypass that dealer for anything further. Wow. Good luck.

Yes. I am not very happy with the "fix". Believe it or not with the stove expanding and Contracting the tube will actually move and eventually fall out. They very cheaply and quickly fixed it hoping it would be solved. They are coming out on the 30th because I insisted that their work was subpar for a $5,000 stove so they are going to take a look at it but I agree besides drilling and tapping the hole there should be no other way of fixing it. Do you think it would be worth contacting lopi and letting them know what is going on before they come out?

Yes. I am not very happy with the "fix". Believe it or not with the stove expanding and Contracting the tube will actually move and eventually fall out. They very cheaply and quickly fixed it hoping it would be solved. They are coming out on the 30th because I insisted that their work was subpar for a $5,000 stove so they are going to take a look at it but I agree besides drilling and tapping the hole there should be no other way of fixing it. Do you think it would be worth contacting lopi and letting them know what is going on before they come out?
Lopi barely helps their dealers. You would get nowhere with them unfortunately..

That sucks considering they boast about being American made by American people. You think they would have the most pride in the industry.

That sucks considering they boast about being American made by American people. You think they would have the most pride in the industry.
They make a great product, but like all they have an issue occasionally. What sets a company apart from one another, is the way they handle problems when they arise.