Lopi freedom insert question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewilpee

Jan 13, 2016
Washington Iowa
Hi,
I have had our freedom for a week now, and have some questions about the secondary burn. Only I think I get the box hot enough I close the air control all the way and the tubes fire out blue hot flames like a gas grill, but only from the rear and middle tube. A little from the from but then it stops. So currently the air has been hot for 45 minutes and still blueish stream of air. Not the slow gentle rolling fire at the top and the stove top temp is at 625ish. Still a lot of flames burning wood at the bottom of the box, and In the morning i expect again a box full of coals in the morning. Am I doing something wrong.

, and In the morning i expect again a box full of coals in the morning. Am I doing something wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean by the statement I quoted.

If you have an excessive amount of coals left in the morning, perhaps you are closing the air down too far. Perhaps try leaving it open just a touch and see where things are at. Otherwise, things sound ok to me

Status
Not open for further replies.