Lopi Freedom custom surround

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

john26

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2008
Wildwood MO
I finally got around to installing sheet metal surround panels on my Lopi Freedom. Installed the stove the first week end of November and using it with out the sheet metal surround. I didn't want to cover up the brick so I made custom sheet metal to fit and attached it to the stove with angle iron.
Lopi Freedom custom surroundLopi Freedom custom surroundLopi Freedom custom surroundLopi Freedom custom surround

You did well. That looks nice. But watch the clearances. Those stockings are too close to the stovetop.

I definitely will watch the clearances the stockings are on command hooks so we can easily take them down but its unusually warm here 60 yesterday so we have had a fire in a while.