Lopi Endeavor--replacing bearings under air control slide

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Birkie

Dec 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I had to turn the stove on its side to prepare for installing the fresh air supply assembly on the bottom of the firebox. When I did that, 9 bearings fell out. Does anyone know how to replace them in the air control slider track? Do I work from on top (having removed the floor fire bricks) or somehow from below (before I seal up the fresh air connection and duct).

I haven't righted the stove yet, but the air control slider sure is squeaky--metal on metal!

I had to turn the stove on its side to prepare for installing the fresh air supply assembly on the bottom of the firebox. When I did that, 9 bearings fell out. Does anyone know how to replace them in the air control slider track? Do I work from on top (having removed the floor fire bricks) or somehow from below (before I seal up the fresh air connection and duct).

I haven't righted the stove yet, but the air control slider sure is squeaky--metal on metal!
Talked with a nice guy at Rocky Mountain Stove and he didn't think bearings were any part of the air control assembly. I'm going to try to get some graphite powder onto the slider, but access is limited. My fallback task is to drill out the rivets and pull out the assembly from the front, sand the rust off, and add graphite.