Lopi Answer strange wires

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gangus Con

Feb 23, 2022
Rochester NY
Lopi Answer strange wires

I bought a used Lopi Answer insert 2011 with very little use and in great condition. I didn’t notice until I brought it home that there are wires connected to the screws that hold the blower assembly on to the stove, and I can’t find any mention of these wires in the online manual or any discussions - it seems they’re not supposed to be there. They’re cut off. No idea why they’re there or why they’re cut off. I am now having my first fire and it is burning awesome, but no blower activation. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

Pics not clear, but it looks like an old thermo switch that was cut out and replaced by the new one top left. It is a fan switch that senses heat, normally off, turns on with temperature rise allowing blower to run only while hot.