Lopi 1750

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

george2c

Dec 1, 2011
SWPA
Hello All, Quick question on my lopi 1750. I have a very steep roof so I want to do a bottom up cleaning with a soot eater. This stove has no bypass damper so how are you folks doing it who have this stove. Any tips or tricks appreciated.. Thanks

Just pull the baffle bricks down. Pay close attention to how the baffle supports are installed. Take a picture for reference, once they are out of the stove getting the correct orientation can be challenging.
I always pull the bricks out any way to remove the fly ash above the bricks.

Even getting the bricks out is a little tricky if you haven’t done it before. Push one up and slid it on top of the one beside it, remove the lone brick, then pull the one on top over and remove it.

Reactions: blacktail
yea was just looking at a diagram. looks like I have to remove the floor bricks first.
No, the baffle bricks just sit on top of the baffle supports. No other bricks need to be removed.

Reactions: blacktail
yea was just looking at a diagram. looks like I have to remove the floor bricks first.
I don't think so. I have the Avalon cousin of your stove. Like Webby said, just the baffle brick and you have access. Remove the 2 in the center and you can vacuum the others after you swept.

I just push the 2 middle bricks up and slide them on top of the adjacent bricks. Leave them overhanging the adjacent bricks a little so that when you move them back, you just push the edge up and slide it over.