Lopi 1250i Blower Motor Noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

avetter1514

Oct 26, 2017
Indiana
Hi There,

We have a Lopi Republic 1250i insert that was installed about a year ago. We recently noticed an abnormal high pitch noise coming from the blower when the fan is turned up high.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I have not done any maintenance with the blower since it has been installed. Is the best way to vacuum it out just to do it from the front of the unit?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Andy

2 small Phillips screws hold the blower rheostat on, remove those. Then you’ll find 2 3/8” bolts that hold the blower on. Take the blower outside and blow compressed air through it. If you don’t have a compressor, then a paint brush and shop vac works ok.

Reactions: begreen