Looking for the right fit.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jak

Nov 15, 2018
Nebraska
Hello, new to the forum here.
I have recently removed our old fireplace and chimney and am looking to replace it with a wood burning high efficiency fireplace. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• Looking for the right fit.
    Screenshot_20181029-181823_Photos.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 137
    20181029_181025.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 139
    20181029_180937.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 125
Finding something that will slip in without some alteration is not easy. The low 24" makes it a challenge. It may take opening up the height to 36" or so. What is the construction behind where the eagle is? Metal studs?

Finding something that will slip in without some alteration is not easy. The low 24" makes it a challenge. It may take opening up the height to 36" or so. What is the construction behind where the eagle is? Metal studs?
Thanks for the response. Drywall and wood studs.

The Pearl is also too tall, it needs a 40" high framed opening. The firebox in a wood ZC fireplace is going to be elevated over the hearth in order to keep the base cool enough to be able to be in contact with a combustible floor. Maybe there is a gas fireplace that will have a lower requirement?
Looking for the right fit. Looking for the right fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jak
I was able to fit a Regency H2100 into the vacancy left behind when they removed the Majestic Zero Clearance unit. I only had just a hare over 20.0 inches to work on the top measurement. FWIW - I'm providing the internal measurements of my opening and can tell you that there is some option that will work.

Looking for the right fit.

Changing this area to a freestanding stove may be an option with careful planning. It may take extending the hearth or removing enough framing and brick to meet the clearances for an alcove installation.

Reactions: Jak
I was able to fit a Regency H2100 into the vacancy left behind when they removed the Majestic Zero Clearance unit. I only had just a hare over 20.0 inches to work on the top measurement. FWIW - I'm providing the internal measurements of my opening and can tell you that there is some option that will work.

View attachment 233506
Thanks. I will have to look into this.