Looking for stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hillbillyboy_316

Oct 16, 2022
Indiana
I have a heatilator prefab fireplace. The problem I have is the pipe that goes through the metal housing of fireplace into firebox is rusted through. Any place to get a replacement pipe?

I have a heatilator prefab fireplace. The problem I have is the pipe that goes through the metal housing of fireplace into firebox is rusted through. Any place to get a replacement pipe?
You would have to call heatilator and see if that is a replaceable part. You will need to get it from them if it is

I would also look at the top of the chimney (and any other place the pipe is exposed to the elements) to see if the rust is due to water leaking in (or merely due to humid air in summers).