looking for advice on resale value of our Kithchen Queen 480 and smaller footprint replacement.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bmangler

Jul 6, 2024
New Lisbon, WI
We bought a house with a Kitchen Queen 480. Wood burner works great, but we would like to replace with a smaller wood burner. We don't use the oven or cook top. I have been trying to find out the value of the Kitchen Queen, I just haven't seen any of these used units for sale. Stove is in good condition and we have the stainless steel water tanks for it. Does any body have an idea of the value or what we can use for a starting asking price?
Thanks for any input.
Bruce

looking for advice on resale value of our Kithchen Queen 480 and smaller footprint replacement.

Price depends on condition, and with a niche product like that, what somebody is willing to pay. Finding a group of people who are looking for them, maybe homesteaders or preppers, could probably get you a better price.

They sell new for around $4,000. I would expect used value to be at least half that depending on internal condition and age. It's a limited market so be patient. The main issue will be transport. List it widely in craiglist, Facebook marketplace, reddit wood stoves, and homesteading forums.

coaly may have some additional ideas.