Looking for advice on a poss Hearthstone Clydesdale purchase.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

qqberts

Feb 29, 2016
Massachusetts
We are looking to upgrade to an insert with a higher BTU output. The shop we frequent recommended the new (and not out yet) Hearthstone Clydesdale. I have no experience with Hearthstone and am having a hard time researching to see if the smaller one is decent as the clydesdale is apparently an upgraded and slightly larger version of the one in the showroom (can't recall the name of the showroom model). Anyone have any knowledge or advice?

I ran the non cat one for a few years. It was decent. The roof slope and trapezoid shape of the firebox made packing it full difficult. Hearthstone said “12 hour heat life”. I was reloading that thing every 5-6 hours.

Reactions: qqberts
Does anyone have this new Hearthstone Clydesdale insert yet? Due to supply chain issues, our insert was due in December but it's march and we still do not have it. So, looking to see if anyone has gotten it and if they like it? Would love to hear from you! Thank you!

I don't recall any reviews or reports on the new version of this insert yet.

The advent of Covid overlapping new regulations really slowed things down. Jotul still doesn't have an insert on the market when they had 3 before.
Take a look at the Hampton Hi500 and see what you think.

Thanks! Do you know if other stove companies have had such delays like this Just wondering if we should choose another brand.
Everything is messed up.i know of people that spring checked snowmobiles in spring of 2021 and arriving now.friend went to buy a rav 4 and dealer told him next year for a 2022 model.

• Wow
Reactions: qqberts