Local Want Advertiser has a couple of interesting stove for sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

This is basically a new England weakly Ad magazine..
I was looking to see if modern EPA stoves were reasonably priced
There was a Quad 3100 insert used 2 seasons $1900 but felt that was to high.

Most of what for sale are older coal/ wood stoves pre EPA and One person is selling a Scandia for $570??
But I wanted to note a couple of good prices
Ivory color Vermont Castings Encore bought is 2000 used two seasons $450
Another Vc Encore black used one season about 5 years old $645
A Vc Defiant $450 no indication of age.

Hearthstone II $950 I don't know if it is EPA or 90's vintage

A lot of old Russo , Morso's, And the Franklins

Boy, I wish a few of those stoves were closer to me (Michigan). I've been looking for a used small to medium size enameled cast iron wood stove for at least three years now without sucess. Perhaps a small Jotul or VC. It will go to our vacation-retirement home in Canada. We're not there in the winter so we don't need a large stove.
Anyway, I 've monitored e-bay, the local newspaper, weekly classifieds papers and now craigs list. It seems that if I find something I would like it's half way across the country and, naturally, no one wants to ship. You would think that Michigan would be a good source for used stoves but, for years, we had cheap natural gas (unlike New England which relied more on fuel oil).

Chip Tam

In Rochester NY Craig's list there is a Jotul F-600 brand new, never used for $1000. I'm not sure of the cost new but seems like a good deal. If you're interested and I can be of some help, let me know, it's only about 20 min. from me.

I missed an Oslo brand new in box for $1,000 on craigslist. The seller was an idiot. I told her I would come over right now with the cash. She felt obligated to the first ppl she spoke to even though it meant waiting two weeks for them to pick it up and no money till that time. She obviously never sold anything before.

This is for you MSg brands you sell as well

the updated actual list

I have the magazine in front of me so there is the correct listings and prices

Qudra-Fire wood stove insert Model 3100 used sparingly $1000 Boxford MA

Vermont Castings Defiant $500 Merrimack NH

Quadra-Fire Pellet Stove Mt Vernon Midnight Blue used 33 seasons$1,900 Leyden MA

Red Enamel Jotul woodstove Measures 31” H 27” W
Also comes withenamel matching pipes $700
North shore near NH border

Vermont Castings Intrepid II Almond $500 Avon Ma

Vermont Castinq
Defiant Encore Imac. Cond. with Model 2550 which is the current model includes fire screen
Hollis NH $475

Vermont castings Encore 2550 Model 5 years old Ivory $600 Pepperell MA;

HS Tarm Wood /coal furnace Model 75
150,000 BTUS with new Modine fan $2000 Concord MA

MrKenmore said:
I missed an Oslo brand new in box for $1,000 on craigslist. The seller was an idiot. I told her I would come over right now with the cash. She felt obligated to the first ppl she spoke to even though it meant waiting two weeks for them to pick it up and no money till that time. She obviously never sold anything before.

Sorry you didn't get the stove, but I think that's nice the woman waited. When I purchased my stove the seller had to wait 3 days for me to get to him (3hrs away, and we were both busy for a couple days). When I arrived to pick it up he told me he received 3 other local offers for the stove while waiting for me. I would have felt terrible had he decided to take those offers and I had driven 3 hours to get there.

-Kevin

Here's a few from craigslist in Seattle:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/zip/250239366.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/hsh/250059001.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/251199231.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/hsh/252535358.html (What the heck is this thing?)

Mike this is for you

Englander All-night Wood Stove
Nice looking stove with dial style air supply No glass
$375 Norhtfield MA

do you want me to add the phone ###. I can by edit mode so I do not waste a lot of time itemise which stove that interest you

lol, ok elk :) no glass? must be rather old, we havent built a unit without glass since early 90's unless they meant that the glass was missing or broken, was kinda smug in my last post on this thread, had a few toddies by the time i posted

ChipTam said:
Boy, I wish a few of those stoves were closer to me (Michigan). I've been looking for a used small to medium size enameled cast iron wood stove for at least three years now without sucess. Perhaps a small Jotul or VC. It will go to our vacation-retirement home in Canada. We're not there in the winter so we don't need a large stove.
Anyway, I 've monitored e-bay, the local newspaper, weekly classifieds papers and now craigs list. It seems that if I find something I would like it's half way across the country and, naturally, no one wants to ship. You would think that Michigan would be a good source for used stoves but, for years, we had cheap natural gas (unlike New England which relied more on fuel oil).

Chip Tam

Hi,

Don't know what you want to spend but there's a VC dealer in Traverse City, MI (discount stove and fireplace, http://www.discountstove.com/Contact Us.htm) that sells the VC Intrepid II cat at very reasonable prices...brand new, cast iron, enamel, etc......even cheaper if you pick it up....

ChipTam said:

Chip Tam

Check out the TRADING TIMES, a weekly "for sale" rag available at gas stations here in SE Michigan. I will keep a eye out for you in the local press.

Thanks to both "Castiron" and "Driftwood" for keeping an eye out for me. I didn't know about Discount Stove in Traverse City. I'm in Ann Arbor so Traverse City is a bit of a hike but certainly not too far away if they were to have a stove for me. I looked at their web page and they didn't show any Vermont Castings products but they may very well carry some. In any case, at this point, I think I'll continue to search for a good used stove. As I mentioned in my first post on this topic, the stove will go to our summer home in Canada and we won't leave for Canada until late May. If I haven't found a used stove by spring I may start to look more seriously at new stoves.
Thanks, also, for that reminder about "Trading Times". I used to look at that weekly classified newspaper religiously for used tools but haven't done so for the last few years. I'll pick up a copy. If either of you see a stove advertised which I might be interested in I would be much obliged if you would keep me in mind. Thanks again.
Chip Tam

Status
Not open for further replies.