Liner temp questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all. I onstalled a little avalon pendleton last winter in my fire place. I used 21 feet of insulated 6"flex liner. Im not able to get to 18" up on the liner to get my temps so i use a IR temp gun and get my reading right atbthe start of the liner after the appliance connector. Its about 5" off the stove. What temps should i be getting in this location? What's too high and what's too low ? And do they make some thing i could attach to my liner to give a remote read on the temp ? Thank you

You could use the washer probe or the pipe probe

Temps right above the flue collar will be a bit high. Take note of readings during a few burns and see what you get. Try to stay below 800ºF on the liner.