Liner install bottm up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all I did kinda a trial run to install my liner today and from the top down isn't going to happen unless I get taller or build scaffold. My helper and I went tall enough to do it with out the potential of putting a big kink in it
I have a 6" liner so with insulation its around 7 1/2. I have to enlarge my damper opening but that's got to be done either way. The flue has a 45 back then up. Do you think this could be installed bottom up or should I start looking for taller people to help. Lol

If it’s wide open at the bottom, you’ve got a nose cone, a long rope, and strong people at the top to pull, it’s possible.

Is wide open as fas being able to play the liner out. The tile is 13x13 so there's plenty of room in side the flue aft6the damper it goes at 45 back then up. I didn't get a nose cone though. Anyone make there own.

I taped a rope up a couple of feet so it wouldnt pull off, but I didnt have a 45 to worry about. I also rented a lift so I could stand up there, jump up and down, twist it, etc.

Seems to me like I remember someone making a cone...hmm, wonder if I can find that...

I think they used a large plastic funnel...ran the pull rope right through it...

Could just order a nose cone, you are saving hundreds of dollars doing it yourself.

With a cone could it be done from the bottom. Or will.i need a cone either way top down or bottom up

Seems to me like I remember someone making a cone...hmm, wonder if I can find that...

@spudman99 did it recently.