Lignetics vs Lignetics Gold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

smithmal

Nov 5, 2007
MD
Lignetics Gold (LG) is a new product released by Lignetics (LG). LG supposedly burns hotter and has less moisture than L. LG is $20 more per ton vs. L (via my local Southern States COOP in Central MD).

According to the Lignetics website, the only benefit of LG vs L is lower moisture content and a slightly higher BTU and produces about the same amount of ash. Below is a table comparing L (from various plants) vs. LG (only produced in VA and ME:

https://lignetics.com/pages/lignetics

I ordered two tons of LG and was told by my SS rep that they first offered it last year but didn't get a lot of orders so they couldn't speak to how much better it is vs. L.

Any thoughts on LG vs. L? Is it worth the extra $20 per ton? I can't find any good review information on LG on the internet and I've got two weeks before delivery to change my mind.

Maybe I can buy a bag of each and compare....

Finally my SS also sells Hamer Pellets which I've never tried but also gets high marks on this forum.

Thanks