Lignetics not the same??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jjones139

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2013
Orange County, NY
I've burned these for the past four years and never have had a problem. This year they burn nice and hot, but the ash is so bad that I'm vacuuming my stove every 3 days! Anybody else experiencing the same?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jhawknseattle
This is my first year in the pellets stove world. I bought 10 bags of quite a few brands and that's my experience with them. I started with a highly rated Douglas fir brand that were awesome, high heat low ash, these seemed to burn a it hotter but the ash difference is incredible. My ash pan with the fir was half full in 2 weeks. With the lignetics, I felt like I needed to dump it when I did my weekly cleaning. With the fur, I could go 1 week very easy between cleanings and 2 weeks on ash pan. With the lignetics it was cleaning and ash pan every 3 days.

Yes they are really bad this year. I only have 11 bags left so I am trying to find something better. I am in central va if anybody knows of anything in the area. Thanks

Lots of heat, but holy ash!!!

The
They have really went down hill over the years
Unfortunately I have 55 bags left. Now I need to pick up another ton of something else to get me through the season.

I am having a big trouble with lignetics as well.
So much ash it caused my pipe cap to melt partially when I went up for my twice a year pipe cleaning.
I have a few bags of Olympus I got last year that I am using while I figure out what to do with remaining ligs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am having a big trouble with lignetics as well.
So much ash it caused my pipe cap to melt partially when I went up for my twice a year pipe cleaning.
I have a few bags of Olympus I got last year that I am using while I figure out what to do with remaining ligs.

Feel lucky that you only have a couple bags and not 55! It's just a shame that something changed because the last three years I had very good luck.

Feel lucky that you only have a couple bags and not 55! It's just a shame that something changed because the last three years I had very good luck.

Avtually have 1 1/2 ton of Ligs left haha.
Only few bags of good stuff left.

Don't feel so bad.... I am unfamiliar with Lignetics. I've never burn nor seen them around here. However, I have burned many, many tons of Somersets which are always a great hot burning pellet with low ash and sought after. They are easy for me to get around here since they are made a couple of hours south of me down in KY.

I have just finished a crappy ton of those and it was miserable dealing with the ash they produced. Definitely nothing close to normal and simply out of control and enough to make me want to throw the remaining ton of what I had into a bon fire but I just motored thru them miserably. The ash was unreal and messy as hell. Ticked me off. I am finally finished with that ton and into another decent ton of Sets. All were bought from the same place about the same time. My buddy experienced the same with a ton of Sets he had. We each bought 4 tons and so far each have had one bad ashy ton each. One thing I noticed was the pellets seemed smaller than normal and lighter in color.

I can usually go easily a month and a ton or more and still not have the ash pan full. This particular ton of Sets had the whole damn firebox and pan full in a week or so. Not only that but they created a big ashy mess outside where the exhaust is vented. Crazy messes!

I have no idea what the inconsistency is or was with these but hopefully never again will I go thru this. I have always had excellent burns with Sets and been a huge advocate. Now I'm much more hesitant. That ton was that bad and I don't get jacked out of shape easily.

Reactions: jjones139