Lesson learned...never turn your back on your splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
My dang beer rattled right of it and spilled......the Wife had to bring me out a fresh one....this time set it on a Log....lesson learned
Lesson learned...never turn your back on your splitter

alcohol abuse

Rum wouldn't have spilled cause it wouldn't have been set down. ;-)

spilt the beer........:bug: . what a nice wife to help replentish your supply, she's a keeper ;-)

cass

I'll second the rum!

Bub381 said:
Rum wouldn't have spilled cause it wouldn't have been set down. ;-)

..........but its hard to pick up the heavy chunks with one hand........... :lol:

cass

a little bit in the gas tank keeps things running smooth, for both you and the splitter.

Call OSHA--these splitters clearly need to have cupholders.

If you've got a buzz going and a drink in 1 hand you will only be in danger of losing half your fingers. :zip:

OLd school here, all my beers taste better AFTER any power tool usage. Just a safety nut here. As you were. TY

Something wrong with that picture! Ohhh,no recliner.

"Here, hold my Beer,........watch this!!!!!!"

Beer on the splitter is like beer in the cup holder of the mower. It goes flat fast! Alchol abuse on 2 levels- personal foul- 15 yards.

Beer is good but save it until the splitting is done. No sense in making a fool of yourself.

Ja, well... the cup holder on my mower gets filled with grass clippings so I wouldn't want the extra fiber in my diet. Never thought about the vibrations making the beer go flat. Might have to make a special anti-vibration mount for the splitter like an old jock strap cup holder.

Well, it's not like it was real beer so no real loss :cheese:

Man, I love hearth threads. :)

City folk have no idea what they're missing... Aside from the few that are on here. Which... know what they're missing ;)

LLigetfa said:
Ja, well... the cup holder on my mower gets filled with grass clippings so I wouldn't want the extra fiber in my diet. Never thought about the vibrations making the beer go flat. Might have to make a special anti-vibration mount for the splitter like an old jock strap cup holder.

+1 on beer/liquor after the work is complete!

I too have the vibration issue with sodas on my tractor, makes 'em flat in no time.

Deere makes a pretty good stick-on cup holder, prices may vary but check with your local dealers, they're about $12 here. ;-)

LArry in OK said:
Well, it's not like it was real beer so no real loss :cheese:
I knew this one was coming sooner or later....what took ya so long :lol:

I with you on that one Dennis. I don't like mixing things that can harm me with alcohol.

I'd like to make it clear, that I do not support the idea of working any equipment while under the influence......I limit myself to just a few, never any amount that would impact my ability, nor judgement of operating equipment.......especially after my incident with the Chainsaw, Ladder and the Tree. Just an attempt of a little humor %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.