lennox country firebox size in cu. ft?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty180

Hearth Supporter
Dec 26, 2008
NY
Does anybody know the firebox sizes of the lennox country legacy and canyon wood stoves?
They don't tell you on their website and I am thinking about buying one. I have read some people say they are small, but can't seem to find out how small. I called lennox and they could not tell me the height. only the width and depth.

Thanks Matt

Not much help here,,,literature I`m looking at refers to width and depth only. 6 or 8 in. exhaust;;22 1/2 in. log;; Ceramic-fibre blankett;;refractory baffle;;stainless steel for critical parts inside firebox;;optional 700 cfm blower (lots of air)

Of the only one i have seen in person;;;Did seem like a short box,,and was not impressed at all with the door latch mechanism

I would not buy a stove from a manufacturer that wouldnt bother to give me the cubic feet of the firebox. Seems strange to me

I have yet to see one in person. I ahve been to 2 shops and nobody has any on the floor. I am leaning towards the PE Summit.I don't know why it is so hard to find out this info. It is such a shame. It"s a great looking stove. Anybody else have any info on the lennox country stoves. Thanks for the replys so far

Thanks for the link. I will give them a call. How do you like your country stove?

Matty, Previous to this stove I had only burned in non EPA stoves. Using it for two years now. I have no issues with the stove thus far. The door latch is simple, I'm not sure how I like it though...time will tell. My glass area is big for a smaller stove. What I have read about Country stoves is good reviews.

I had not discovered this site b4 purchasing it, but it will help you immensely!!!

Why / how are you interested in Country Stoves?

Matt- I just asked my local dealer about this yesterday. The model number represents the firebox capacity: the Legacy 260 is 2.6 ft, and the Canyon 310 would be 3.1 ft. Hope this helps.

Hey thanks, yeah that helps. 2.6 is kind of small I guess if i get one i am going with the Canyon. I am really interested in it. It is starting to get cold in NY I hate hearing that dam boiler come on. I guess I have to make a choice soon. I am hung up on the PE Summit or the Lennox Canyon or Avalon Olympic??
From what I read these all seem like good stoves. Any opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.