Left BK Ashford bypass open accidentally

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fagan2425

Mar 31, 2022
Rochester NY
I accidentally left my BK Ashford bypass open, while it was well into the "active" zone. it was only for about an hour or less (just added a few logs) I'm probably being over paranoid, but do I need to worry about anting? Anything I should check for? Thnx

I wouldn't worry about it, everybody here has done it once.

As long as the loading door was closed while the bypass door was left open overlong I think you will be fine.

I probably get interrupted and forget twice annually since 2014, so 2023-2014 = 9 x 2 times annually = 18 occurrences.

If both the loading door and the bypass door are left open you can get into a danger zone fairly quickly.

So a careful dollar bill test on the bypass door to firebox seal in May, and get on with your life.

Nothing you can really do about it anyway. Dang, don't do it again, but it is what it is.