Lead flashing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
Any issues with having new lead flashing installed and then later having to declare it if house put up for sale. Sorry if question is silly. Was quoted for new flashing and wanted to ask before pulling the trigger.

It’s have lead wrapped flashing on my power line drop through the roof. Pretty slick how it works. I have no intention of declaring it at time of sale. Kids don’t normally chew on flashing.

Any issues with having new lead flashing installed and then later having to declare it if house put up for sale. Sorry if question is silly. Was quoted for new flashing and wanted to ask before pulling the trigger.
No problems and most of the stuff you far now that is called lead really isn't anyway.

The squirrels had a field day as soon as new lead flashing was installed around my chimney. They chewed the heck out of it so bad I had to cover it with aluminum flashing.

The squirrels had a field day as soon as new lead flashing was installed around my chimney. They chewed the heck out of it so bad I had to cover it with aluminum flashing.
I’ll keep an eye out after the project is done for the squirrels. Thanks for the info.

That's weird and concerning because as the lead poisoning kicks in they will become easy bait for predators. Hope they don't become food for raptors.