LBT question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokinbubba

Burning Hunk
Nov 30, 2019
Central Ohio
Those that do a LBT cleaning, do you take off the combustion fan and clean at the end of the season or does the LBT get it sparkling clean? Curious if I will need to order gaskets or not. Thx, Bubba

don't know about the fan thing but, I leave the stove door open so as not to mess up the vacuum switch during LBT.
usually take a small paint brush to the combustion fan blades and blower blades Which suffices but some here like to take the whole stove apart to get every last ash drop in the stove... to each his own....

Reactions: Ssyko
Ditto what Pellet Rick said. Also, look around for sheet Lytherm and make your own gaskets. A lot cheaper in the long run.

Eric

Haven't had to do gaskets yet...I also use a compressor nozzle to do the inside of the stove while running the LB

Ditto what Pellet Rick said. Also, look around for sheet Lytherm and make your own gaskets. A lot cheaper in the long run.

Eric
Amazon product ASIN B074NCYC1GI found these. That price is for a 3 pack. Not sure if the englander has the standard 6" fan like the St Croix and Whitfields or not.

They are a standard 6".

Eric

They are a standard 6".

Eric
Eric I typically always have permitex hi-temp gasket maker on stand by to . Works just as well if not better if your fan is on the older side. Just make sure its the red hi temp stuff

Rick,
I completely agree. I can get sheets of lytherm from my HVAC guys where I work, so its just as easy to cut my own.

Eric