Large stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nakoma

Nov 26, 2022
Kentucky
Hey everyone I just got a large 500 Gallon Propane Tank cheap:) traded my Hotblast to it and got the tank and some angle iron and 3 loads wood and some plate metal:) and metal pipe... anyways i did want a wood boiler for the greenhouse but have decided to just build a double barrel stove using the 10ft long propane tank..and mabe a old air tank...or water tank.. im gonna build a grate from the pipe weld them together then have an intake and exit welded outside the firebox.. the exits will run mabe under my greenhouse rolls to heat my ground for tomatoe plants..and then another one to a raditor at the end of the hightunnel to keep the heat even... then return back to a metal 55 gallon drum. then pump right back to the return to the fire box..i was wondering what yall think about this.. how many BTU it would be an hour...or have any ideas for a Door... my hightunnel is 20x90 double layer on top but soon will be on the sides just no air in between.. would like to add a themstat that would kick on and off to save wood when it reaches a certain temp. would you all build an ash pan anyways would be great :)