Lange 6303

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TimX

Nov 11, 2019
SE PA
I came upon a virtually unused green enamel Lange 6303 (just the bottom oval, no top register) purportedly from the 1970’s In mint condition and had to buy it.

It doesn’t have a baffle which I understand is the way they came, but has side plates. Can I expect to get much heat out of it or is it basically a work of art? I have old farmhouse and will be putting it into a big walk-in fireplace, but the area where I’m going to heat isn’t very big. I don’t expect it to heat the whole side of the house, but can I load it up and let it burn hot without doing damage? Any other thoughts or information is appreciated. Especially if anyone has any installation advice. Thanks.

1573515165099.jpeg

Last edited:
You found a very special deal. It is their basic model with no baffle, so not a very efficient model, but well made. It would be tempting to figure out a way to add a baffle to it. It's bigger brother, the 6302 had a baffle and heated much better.

Reactions: SpaceBus