Kozi Previa Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Charger66

Nov 12, 2017
Amsterdam, NY
I have a friend that has this stove, Kozi Previa, She uses it as a back up for her house. The issue is as follows: When the stove is on #2 setting it burns fine, but when any higher for more heat it create the dreaded Lava build up in the burn pot the almost puts the flame out. It has been thoroughly cleaned and it still does this. My question is this, Is there a air tubing from the burn area to the exhaust fan area that builds up with ash and if so how to access it to clean it?
I was experiencing the same issues on my England Stove 25 PDV and found those ports almost plugged right off. Once cleaned out the stove burns great. Thanks in advance.

Very few Kozi owners come here.Manual says to clean exhaust passages behind the firebox liner.That stove,i believe,you have to adjust the damper whenever you change heat settings.

Very few Kozi owners come here.Manual says to clean exhaust passages behind the firebox liner.That stove,i believe,you have to adjust the damper whenever you change heat settings.

Thanks for your response. I am planning on removing the heat shields and vacuuming out everything that I can see there . Hopefully there are the ports for the air and I can clean those as well. I will let you know wI find. She had the exhaust pipes all cleaned and it still didn't burn right that is why I got involved with her and this stove. As I said I had the same issues and found plugged ports for the air flow.

Thanks for your response. I am planning on removing the heat shields and vacuuming out everything that I can see there . Hopefully there are the ports for the air and I can clean those as well. I will let you know wI find. She had the exhaust pipes all cleaned and it still didn't burn right that is why I got involved with her and this stove. As I said I had the same issues and found plugged ports for the air flow.
Yes,good move.I do not know that stove.But,as in some stoves out there,a vac may not clean the passageways.Lots of stoves are better cleaned by the leaf blower trick,yet some(even some englander stoves) require a rubber mallet,while doing the LBT,or using air pressure.

Reactions: Ssyko