Kozi Baywin burn pot line

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uriantis22

Jan 1, 2015
halifax, ns
I've got an old Kozi Baywin. Burn pot liner is in rough shape. Only ones I can find look like there's a cut out in the bottom of it. Mine has a bottom full of holes.
I'm wondering if the original was replaced with the one I have.
How does the one with the hole in the bottom work? Pellets drop right into the burn pot stand? I don't get it.

Picture(s) please

Picture(s) please
Kozi Baywin burn pot line This is the one I have but steel, heavily corroded and warped.

Kozi Baywin burn pot line This is the replacement for a kozi baywin.
Kozi Baywin burn pot line my stand looks just like this one but I don't have the piece that spans from one side to the other inside. Mine doesn't have an igniter.

Last edited:
Bottom picture is from an igniter model and the hole is where the igniter encasement tube enters the pot?

Bottom picture is from an igniter model and the hole is where the igniter encasement tube enters the pot?

Actually the hole is where the intake tube goes into the burn pot stand. I'm more concerned with the two pictures of the Burn pot liners above the picture of the burn pot stand.

I just put the picture of the burn pot stand for clarity. That is a picture of a replacement one. Mine doesn't have the piece inside it like that one though. Maybe I need to buy a liner and a stand? I don't know hence why I'm here fishing.

Probably have to start from scratch and have you a manual? The company quit pellet stoves but still shows up as manufacturing company in Canada.

Additionally to what Bioburner states, I've seen that burn pot liner on Flea-Bay. You might want to preuse that as well.

Last edited:
I have a manual.

I have seen the burn pot liner on ebay as well.

My question is: how does that burn pot liner work with a hole in the bottom?Kozi Baywin burn pot line See that hole.

I'm not going to buy an 80 dollar liner if its not going to work. If I have to buy the 80 dollar stand as well I will but I don't know what I need.

I have emailed Kozi.

I guess only someone with experience with kozi stoves or burn pot liners that look like that one will know the answers im looking for.

Looks to me like the top pictured formed steel insert (with the holes) goes inside the formed and welded part in the second picture and should have no impact on the hole at the bottom whatsoever. I would say the igniter assembly locates in the bottom of the formed weldment and the formed steel insert locates on top of that, so if you have a manually ignited (gel start) unit, the igniter and pedestal is not needed..

Looks to me like the top pictured formed steel insert (with the holes) goes inside the formed and welded part in the second picture and should have no impact on the hole at the bottom whatsoever. I would say the igniter assembly locates in the bottom of the formed weldment and the formed steel insert locates on top of that, so if you have a manually ignited (gel start) unit, the igniter and pedestal is not needed..

I appreciate your time reading and responding but you are completely lost. Let me try and explain better.

Kozi Baywin burn pot line This is the one I have ( not actual picture) Mine's corroded and warped. Need a new one.

Kozi Baywin burn pot line This is the one the manual, Kozi and parts sites are recommending for a kozi baywin stove (top view)

See that big hole in the bottom of that liner. Why is it there? how do they work?

Pot stand I don't really care about mine looks exactly like the one in that picture. Which is a picture of a recommended replacement.

Attachments

• Kozi Baywin burn pot line
    burn bot 1.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 168
    burn pot 2.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 159
    stand.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 179
The replacement weldment is designed to accpet the ignitor weldment in the bpttom, thats what covers the rectangular hole. If you want to remain a gelled firestarter unit, why don't you just check out a local fab shop and have them brake one for you or buy the one from Flea-Bay. It's not a complex part.

The 'burn pot' in the second picture accepts the ignitor assembly in ther 3rd picture (I assume).

Kozi still manufactures stoves out of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

website parts list, is this it?
BWSSteel Screen for BW Models

The replacement weldment is designed to accpet the ignitor weldment in the bpttom, thats what covers the rectangular hole. If you want to remain a gelled firestarter unit, why don't you just check out a local fab shop and have them brake one for you or buy the one from Flea-Bay. It's not a complex part.

The 'burn pot' in the second picture accepts the ignitor assembly in ther 3rd picture (I assume).

Ya you're right.

Kozi emailed back. Mine is an older setup. it's been replaced by the the liner with the hole in it. You have to buy the Liner and the stand for it to work.
160 bucks for both..kind f steep

Or buy something similar on ebay and keep the stand I have.

Thanks gents

Sidecar's suggestion of the local machine shop to fab a screen is starting to make for sense ... You have the template (when not in use!)

Status
Not open for further replies.