klw per hour usage on blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsps

Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2006
Does anyone know how many klw per hour a standard fire insert blower uses?

Check the motor.....it may indicate wattage....if it is 100watts thats 1/10 of a KW....if it lists horse power 1/10,1/4,1/8 etc. there are 746 watts to the horse power the math is fairly simple

I am looking into the regency i2400 and the brochure doesn't say anything about watts, it only says 2 speed blower. So, if anyone has a similiar model and they know the horse power let me know.

rsps said:
I am looking into the regency i2400 and the brochure doesn't say anything about watts, it only says 2 speed blower. So, if anyone has a similiar model and they know the horse power let me know.
You would need to look at the nameplate rating..... The nameplate is on the motor.

To find amps you would take watts and divide by volts.....to find watts you would take amps and multiply by volts. Using the horse power way one needs to take into account efficiancy and service factor ratings for a true reading of wattage..
Anyway one of theses (watts or amps) will be on the motor nameplate.

Well, I don't have the unit yet............I guess I can figure it out when it is installed.

rsps said:
Well, I don't have the unit yet............I guess I can figure it out when it is installed.
Well I can assure you that it will not exceed 1800watts.
I would estimate here that most blowers (on stoves) are 500watts and under. probably closer to 200 watts though.
Hopefully someone that has your stove can look at theirs and tell you...... or call the dealer?
Why do you want to know?

The dual squirrel cage blower on my free standing Englander NC-30 is using exactly 50 watts at the moment with the control set at half speed.

The Kill-A-Watt toy is a nice tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.