Kalamazoo Emperor cook stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

M o Jo Man

Sep 2, 2019
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
I recently purchased a Kalamazoo Emperor Cook stove. I was looking for some parts and questions about the stove. The stove is missing the ash pan and the top front firebox door has a hole in it. Someone took a torch to it and cut a hole in it for whatever reason. I was looking for a matching cream color door along with a ash pan. My question is the plates in the fire box were numbered 252, 253, and 254. Is there a special way they go in? Also where the water jacket goes in the back it looks like someone cut a square hole into the back of the stove, any reason for this? I will download pictures to show what I'm talking about. Thanks for any and all input

20190902_205107.jpg 20190902_205132.jpg 20190902_205212.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is only in regard to your missing ash pan: I go to Amazon and look for cake pans/cooking trays. I've done this for 3 stoves, and have been able to find one close enough in size to work. Heavy-duty, stainless, made in the USA, and much cheaper than trying to find someone to custom make it. Good luck on your restoration; I love older stoves! Curt